Academic Services and Support
There are a number of things you can do to feel more comfortable with your academic workload. Please review the list below!
- Communicate with your teachers! Ask for help; if available, see them before or after school or before or after class. Use in class opportunities as well. And don’t forget about Academic Advisory every Wednesday.
- Encourage your parents to communicate with your teachers and use MiStar Parent Portal to keep up-to-date on your attendance and grades.
- Use a planner or app to organize due dates, quiz/test dates, etc.
- If a planner isn’t sufficient then please come down to the counseling office or go to the counseling website and get a “Weekly Student Progress Report” to help organize your classes and get feedback from your teachers.
- Consider hiring a tutor. A list is available in the counseling office and frequently emailed out to students.
- Be present. Not just in attendance, but be alert in class.
- Learn to prioritize all of the activities in your life…school, work, clubs, sports, fun, etc.
- Learn to prioritize your homework at night. What’s required, what’s optional, what’s weighted more, etc.
- Take a deep breath. You have time to get on track. Only your final semester grades are indicated on your transcript so please don’t panic over marking period grades- there is time to make improvements.
- You can attendance in MiStar and grades in Schoology.
- Take time for yourself…mental health is important! Get enough sleep at night, eat nutritious foods, talk to someone when you are stressed, exercise, etc.