There are a number of things you can do to feel more comfortable with your academic workload. Please review the list below!
Communicate with your teachers! Ask for help; if available, see them before or after school or before or after class. Use in class opportunities as well. And don’t forget about Advisory!
- Encourage your parents to communicate with your teachers. Parents can view up to date grades in Schoology. Attendance information is stored in PowerSchool.
- Use a planner or app to organize due dates, quiz/test dates, etc.
- If a planner isn’t sufficient then please come down to the counseling office or go to the counseling website and get a “Weekly Student Progress Report” to help organize your classes and get feedback from your teachers.
- Consider hiring a tutor. A variety of tutoring options are linked below.
- Be present. Not just in attendance, but be alert in class.
- Learn to prioritize all of the activities in your life…school, work, clubs, sports, fun, etc.
- Learn to prioritize your homework at night. What’s required, what’s optional, what’s weighted more, etc.
- Take a deep breath. You have time to get on track. Only your final semester grades are indicated on your transcript so please don’t panic over marking period grades- there is time to make improvements.
- Take time for yourself…mental health is important! Get enough sleep at night, eat nutritious foods, talk to someone when you are stressed, exercise, etc.