AP/IB Updates on Schoology
Novi Student: Join our Schoology groups for the most up to date information and program resources.
AP - JBQW-X6P8-CBN3W
IB - Q5XZ-W4XN-56DVH
AP/IB Exam Registration
IB Course and Exam Registration has begun
1. Complete this Google Form by October 16.
2. When notified, confirm your selections by October 23.
3. When notified, submit payment by November 2.
Detailed payment information can be found on aptsusa.com/novi/ib
Each course will cost $121 payment details can be found at aptsusa.com/novi/ib.
Course and exam fees cover moderation of one NHS teacher scored Internal Assessments plus one to two exams in May (depending on the course). Course score is based on a combination of assessments.
Need based scholarships available, see the Novi IB Schoology Group updates for details.
AP Exam Registration
- The College Board requires all AP students to register for exams in the fall (except 2nd semester only courses).
- Registration begins automatically when students enroll in a course through AP Classroom.
- Registration is confirmed and complete upon receipt of payment. Payments will be accepted February 1-12, 2021.
- Detailed payment information can be found at aptsusa.com/novi/ap
- The standard AP exam fee of $95 covers one, externally scored May exam.
- Need based scholarships available, see the Novi AP Schoology Group updates for details.
Novi High School only offers AP exams to Novi High School students.
New District Policy Regarding Self-Study for AP Exams
Novi High School, beginning in Fall 2019, decided not to allow students to self-study for AP Exams. This decision was made for several reasons, the most important reason of which is our concern for students' mental wellness. The practical reason is knowledge that AP exams alone do not improve student's acceptance to universities.
World Languages and retakes are the only exception.
AP/IB 2020 Score Information
Now available to students by following the two steps below
1. Go to apscore.org
2. Click on this: View Your Scores on AP Exams – The College Board.
Please note, students must be signed into their College Board account to view the results.
Now available to students by following the steps below.
To see your IB scores, go to https://candidates.ibo.org, the personal information students need was emailed to each student the week of July 7.
- Who can take AP and /or IB courses?
- When can students begin the program?
- What is the purpose of the program?
- How many courses are offered at Novi?
- How many courses SHOULD students take?
- How much does it cost?
- Do AP and IB Courses fulfill graduation requirements?
- What are the core beliefs of the programs?
- What are the unique elements of the programs?
- What do colleges think about the programs?